Simply Spectacular Blondies
Need a great dessert in a hurry? Our amazing blondies come together with just a few ingredients that you probably already have in the pantry. Seriously, stop what you’re doing and go make them right now.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Prepare to bake—Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dough—In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter with brown sugar until well combined. Stir in eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla, stirring to combine. Pour dry ingredients into the bowl with wet ingredients and stir until everything’s fully incorporated.
- Bake the blondies—Spread blondie batter evenly in an ungreased 12” frypan. Bake in preheated oven till they’re golden brown and smell like butterscotch, about 30 minutes.
We think these blondies are perfect, as-is, but if you’re craving a little something extra, try adding in chocolate chips and toasted pecans or white chocolate chips and toffee bits. Or for a fruity treat, stir in a couple of peeled, chopped apples along with a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix and match to suit your palate. Just please don’t ruin these with raisins…