Simple, No-Knead Wheat Loaf
Our wholesome, whole wheat loaf may be one of the easiest things you ever bake—seriously. Just stir together 5 simple ingredients, let the yeast do its magic, then bake to fluffy, golden brown perfection—all in less than an hour and a half.
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 packet instant yeast (2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups warm water
- Mix the dough—Add flour, yeast, and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Dissolve honey in warm water and add to dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until well combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Proof the dough—Preheat oven to 390 degrees F. Transfer dough to a lightly greased dutch over or casserole. Cover and let rise at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake the bread—Bake in preheated oven until crust is nicely browned, about 40 minutes. Allow bread to cool before slicing and serving—if you can wait that long!
Customize your loaf by adding in toasted nuts, seeds, dried fruits, citrus zest, or baking spices.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Casseroles effortlessly release whole wheat bread. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.