Grilled Garfish with a Fennel, Dill and Cucumber Salad
- 2-4 garfish, depending on size
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Lemon, halved
- 1 small/ medium fennel bulb, halved and finely sliced (throngs reserved)
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon salted Capers, rinsed
- Handful of Pea cress
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped dill
- Fresh chili (optional)
- Lay the garfish on a clean plate, drizzle a half tablespoon of olive oil over the garfish and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Cook the garfish and half of the lemon (flesh some down) on a pre-heated grill for 2-3 minutes each side over a medium/ high heat. Once cooked remove the garfish to a resting plate and once the flesh of the lemon is charred also remove to the resting plate.
- While the garfish are cooking take a clean mixing bowl and bring together the sliced fennel, cucumber, capers, pea cress and dill and dress with a pinch of salt and pepper, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice from the other half of the lemon. Use your hands or salad spoons to carefully toss the salad.
- Place the cooked garfish on serving plates or a serving platter and serve right away with the grilled lemon and salad.