Frypan Strawberry Cobbler
Move over blueberries and peaches—give strawberry cobbler a chance! Shake up your summer dessert routine with warm and bubbly strawberries topped with a crunchy biscuit-style crust.
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1tbs cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbs cold unsalted butter (cut in pieces)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.Use a 10-12" frypan.
- Add strawberries cover all sides with the sugar and cornstarch.
- For the topping, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. With a fork or your hands, add in the butter until small pieces remain.
- Beat the egg, milk and vanilla together. Add it into the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Add spoonfuls of the dough all over the strawberries.
- Bake the cobbler for 35 to 45 minutes, until it’s golden and cooked through. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream!