Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare to roast—Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roast the cauliflower—Spread florets on baking sheet, drizzle with about 2 tablespoons olive oil, and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan every 10 minutes or so, until cauliflower is nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, sauté the aromatics—Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 or 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and sauté for an additional minute, stirring constantly to avoid burning garlic.
- Make the soup—Stir in roasted cauliflower, add stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and blend soup in pot with immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Serve piping hot.
Trade out chicken stock for vegetable stock to create a vegan version of this tasty soup. Or create a healthier take on loaded baked potato soup by adding a little crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese when serving.
Our GreenPan Nonstick Ceramic Casserole will be your go-to pot for all kinds of homemade soups. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.