- 1 clove of garlic
- 300ml dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of kirsch
- 200g grated emmental cheese
- 400g grated gruyere
READY TO COOK!
- Rub the inner pan of the slow cooker with a cut clove of garlic. This will give the cheese fondue extra flavour. Next, pour in 300 ml of dry white wine. Put the lid on the pan and then turn the slow cooker on HIGH for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the kirsch and cornstarch into a smooth paste. Stir in a pinch of fresh nutmeg and a generous amount of black pepper.
- Stir the paste into the hot wine until the mixture is thickened and smooth. The cornstarch ensures that the cheese fondue does not curdle later.
- Sprinkle the grated emmental and the gruyère into the wine. Stir until the cheese is completely melted. Turn the slow cooker to low and continue to stir until the mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Add some extra wine if the fondue is too thick for your taste. Serve it now or keep it warm for an hour on low.
Try dipping with potato cubes or roasted vegetables. Just as delicious!