Buttery Mashed Potatoes
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 sage leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
READY TO COOK!
Make this recipe using our Premiere saucepan
- Cook the potatoes—Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Sprinkle generously with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover pot, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and return to pot over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute to dry out potatoes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk—When potatoes are almost done, heat milk and butter in a saucepan over medium heat, along with rosemary and sage. After butter has melted, remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes—Use a potato masher to break up potatoes. Discard herbs from milk mixture. Gradually add milk to potatoes, mashing or stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving bowl, top with a few extra pats of butter and serve piping hot.