Break Bread with Camembert
- 1 camembert cheese
- 500g flour
- 200ml lukewarm water
- 100ml lukewarm milk
- 90g butter at room temperature
- 7g yeast
- 10g salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- A handful of black olives
- Parmesan cheese to taste
READY TO COOK!
This recipe was made using our Brussels frying pan
- In a bowl, mix the water, milk and yeast. Let this sit for five minutes until bubbles start to form.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and salt. Then add the milk mixture and 30 grams of the butter. Knead this into a dough. Chop the olives and grate the Parmesan cheese and add this to the dough. Keep kneading it until it feels flexible.
- Let the dough rise in a greased bowl for about 45 minutes. It should double in size. Then, knead out the air and divide the dough into 18 even balls.
- Place the camembert’s box (without the cheese) in the centre of a large, over-safe pan. Place the balls around the box, but keep a little space in between so they can rise. Cover the pan with a damp towel and leave for another 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180ᵒC.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter and add the diced garlic. Chop up the rosemary. Brush the butter onto the buns and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Unwrap the camembert and place back into the box. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.