15-Minute Skillet Pork Chops
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Prep the pork—Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chops—Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When butter melts, toss in the rosemary or thyme sprigs. Sear chops for about 3 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Continue flipping chops for another 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through.
- Finish and serve—Transfer chops to serving plate. Add garlic to skillet and sauté till golden brown, about 1 minute. Drizzle pork chops with garlic butter pan sauce and serve immediately.
Unlike steaks, pork chops should be flipped frequently during cooking to ensure even cooking. This delivers the golden brown crust that transforms an ordinary chop into something spectacular.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Frypans brown pork chops beautifully and clean up in minutes, no soaking required.